- Why is this important?
- Changing teacher/co-teacher assignments to sections will directly impact Teacher Goals, so make sure to read the instructions below
- In addition to Teacher Goals, all Blended Learning App rosters, Clever and Illuminate testing rosters are determined from who staff are assigned to sections in PowerSchool.
- This article is for the PowerSchool class roster point person(s) and we also recommend this information should be shared and if needed delegated to instructional APs who want to manage 'teacher assignment' info directly for their school.
- You need to use PowerSchool Admin: go to Okta and click on the PowerSchool Admin app. If you run into any issues, contact email@example.com
How to Change the Lead Teacher:
Access the Section you want to edit:
- Important Note: Please change section assignments for a terminated teacher as soon as possible. There is a 7-day delay between when a staff member leaves and when they are removed from PowerSchool. If you make the change in that window, the directions below will apply. If the staff member is already out of the system, then you will need to put in a ticket.
- Using PowerSchool Admin, access your school and click on the left-hand navigation menu, go to Setup > School
- Scroll down the Sections (the second to last hyperlink on the page)
- Scroll to find the course you want to adjust and Click on the course name (eg Math Gr 4)
- Click on the Section Name (eg 4Morehouse) to edit the section
Change the Lead Teacher:
- Click Add to open a second teacher line
- Select the new Lead Teacher from the drop-down menu
- Adjust the Start Date and End Date for both teachers – do not leave a gap
- If the previous lead teacher was a placeholder, eg a DSO, you can remove entirely by clicking the minus symbol. Make sure to enter the correct date for the newly added lead teacher in steps 1-3.
- Done forget to click Save
- OPTIONAL ACTION: Click the paper icon to add a note. After you save a note for that
teacher, the paper icon will change to a caret icon. The caret icon means the teacher’s
record contains a note.
NOTE: If you are removing a teacher, when you click Submit you will see the following warning.
Click on 'Yes' to continue.
How to Add or Edit Co-Teachers
This should only be assigned to teaching staff who are expected deliver instruction for this section. Staff assigned the'Co-Teacher' role will be linked to that course's Teacher Goals.
If a staff member wants access to a section for observation/Gradebook monitoring, then please see next section below for Observations/APs.
- Click Add to open menu options shown above
- Choose a Staff Member
- Choose their Role Co-Teachers
- Assign an Allocation of 100%
- Enter a Start Date and End Date
- Don't forget to click Save
How to Add or Edit APs or Non-Teaching Staff to Gradebooks for Edit Rights
This is only utilized if another staff member, such as an AP, wants to have the ability to EDIT grades for specific sections.
- Using the same process outline above, you can add additional staff using the Role = Gradebook Access (edit)
How to Add or Edit APs or Non-Teaching Staff to Gradebooks for Instructional Tech (CommonLit, Clever Co-Teacher Access)
This is only utilized if another staff member, such as an AP, wants to have the ability to access gradebooks as a Co-Teacher role in blended learning/instructional tech apps like CommonLit
- Using the same process outline above, you can add additional staff using the Role = Blended Learning