The Compensation Module in ADP is used to submit bonuses and quarterly stipends for employees. To access the Compensation Module, navigate to Process > Talent > Compensation Dashboard. If you have any issues accessing this module, submit a ticket to email@example.com.
Note: Please do not use the path My Team > Talent > Compensation Dashboard. This view will only give you access to your direct reports and will not show all employees at your assigned location.
Compensation Dashboard Overview
A compensation event is a batch of employee pay changes, specifically for bonuses and stipends. Compensation events are created to include specific groups of employees, based on who will approve the payments, e.g. “all employees of Lanning Square Middle that ultimately report up to the Lanning Square Middle School Leader.” A few things to note before using the new Compensation Module:
- Holiday bonuses and off cycle stipend and bonus submissions will be grouped in a separate compensation event.
- If you need to pay a stipend to an employee of another school or regional team, you will need to ask their DSO/budget manager to enter the stipend into their Compensation Event Worksheet. Each DSO can only see employees for their school.
- No new hire should be offered a stipend or bonus to be paid out in the academic quarter in which they start their employment, they can be paid in the first academic quarter after their start date.
On the Compensation Dashboard, you will see a few summary level fields including Recommendation Period, Status, Recommendation Entered, and Budget Utilization.
Which Employees Are Listed in Compensation Events
The Compensation Dashboard will consist of a compensation event for each school per academic quarter, which will include all the employees of that school who ultimately report to the School Leader - e.g. all employees of Lanning Square Middle (LSM) that ultimately report up to the LSM School Leader, such as LSM TiRs, teachers, APs, deans, social workers, etc. The compensation worksheet you submit via this compensation event will route to your School Leader and Head of School for approval.
There also will be a compensation event for each functional area that sits on the regionally-managed budget, e.g. “Operations” and “Instructional Leadership,” among others, per academic quarter. These compensation events will include employees from your school that ultimately report up to a regional leader - e.g. the operations teammates that work at your school (e.g. custodian, SOM) will appear in the Operations compensation event. Once you submit a worksheet within a regional compensation event, it will route for approval to your region’s MDO.
How to use the Compensation Event Worksheet
Compensation Events will be open for a designated time window. All stipend and bonus types will be included on one event worksheet. During the time the event is open, you will be able to go into the worksheet and enter any stipends/bonus awards for any employee at your school and campus location. Employees who support a campus will be included on the event worksheet for each school included at the campus location.
To begin entering stipends and bonuses, scroll to find the quarterly compensation event for your school or region > Click the green arrow on the compensation event tile. Expand the menu and select Access Worksheet.
Once you have the event worksheet open:
- Scroll to find or enter the name of the employee, in the Employee Search field, who will be receiving the stipend.
- Scroll to the right to find the stipend or bonus type.
- In the Award Amount field, enter the stipend or bonus amount.
- Multiple stipends and bonuses can be entered at once for the same employee.
- Once you have entered the amounts for all employees, click Finalize Recommendations ONLY if you will not need to return to the worksheet and wish to submit it for final approval.
- Click Save or Save and Exit if you wish to exit the worksheet and return at a later time to complete.
- Click Cancel to discard all changes and return to the Compensation Module Dashboard.
- If you receive a message asking to resolve conflicts before finalizing recommendations, click “Suspend Recommendation” for any employees on leave.
- The Compensation Event Status will show as “Submitted” after you Finalize Recommendations.
Note: Stipend and bonus awards for eligible employees, for the current quarter, will have to be submitted on the worksheet for approval at once. Therefore, if you are submitting 5 stipends today for approval, you will not be able to access the worksheet and resubmit 10 more tomorrow.
To leave a comment on the worksheet, click the Comments icon on the top right. A number icon will show how many comments were entered. The approver will be able to view all comments.
How to review the Compensation Event Worksheet - SL and HOS
Stipends and bonuses for employees at the same school, campus, or regional location are batched together on one compensation worksheet and will also move through the approval process as a batch. When a Compensation Event is ready for your approval, you will receive an email and notification in your ADP message center.
You can review and approve/reject the event directly from your ADP message center by going to Messages > Tasks.
After going to your ADP message center, follow these steps to review and approve/reject a compensation event:
- Locate the compensation event in the subject line of the notification.
- Click the “three dots” menu to the right of the notification line and select Review.
- Review the event worksheet.
- If ANY stipend or bonus submissions require an edit, click Reject Event and leave a comment. Otherwise, after reviewing, click Approve Event.
- You also have the ability to modify a stipend or bonus amount on an event worksheet instead of rejecting and sending it back to the submitter. To do so, enter the new amount in the Award Amount field ONLY for the designated stipend or bonus column.
Note: You will have to review the full worksheet. One off requests cannot be approved or rejected, this action will have to be completed for the ENTIRE worksheet.
After an event is approved, the DSO will receive a notification and the Compensation Event Status on the Compensation Dashboard will show “Ready for Payroll Processing”. If the event was rejected, the DSO will also receive a notification.
If you decide to close the event worksheet without approving or rejecting and need to return at a later time to finish reviewing:
- Go to Messages > Tasks > View all messages.
- Click the section on the left labeled as “Tasks”.
- Find the Compensation Event message and click the “three dots” menu to the right of the notification line.
- Select Review.
How to resubmit Compensation worksheet after rejection
You will receive an email and notification in your ADP message center if your Compensation Event worksheet was rejected. Navigate to Messages > Notifications and locate the Compensation Event rejection notification. Resubmit the event worksheet (with edits) by following the steps in the section "How to use the Compensation Event Worksheet". The worksheet will again route to the approver for review.
To view comments entered by the approver, click the Comments icon on the top right of the Compensation Event worksheet. A number icon will show how many comments were entered on the worksheet.
How to approve a Compensation event after resubmission
You will receive an email and notification in your ADP message center after a Compensation Event worksheet has been resubmitted for your review and approval. You can access the resubmitted event worksheet to approve through your ADP message center or by going directly to the Compensation Event Dashboard. Please see the following section on "How to access the Compensation Dashboard".
How to access Compensation Dashboard as an Approver
You can access the Compensation events ready for your review and approval by going to your ADP Message Center or by navigating to My Team > Talent > Compensation Dashboard.
Here you will see all compensation events for the organization but will only have access to your school or location. For the events which you do not have access to, you will see the yellow banner “You do not have access to this event”.
To review and approve the an event worksheet from the Compensation Dashboard:
- Locate the event name and confirm the status is “Submitted”.
- Click the right arrow and select Access Worksheet For Approving.
- Review the worksheet.
- Click Reject Event or Approve Event.