Get Classroom email summaries (for guardians)
As a guardian, you can get email summaries about your student’s activity in Classroom. Email summaries do not include grades. For grades, please see progress reports in DeansList or PowerSchool (Newark families, only).
In email summaries, you can review:
- Missing work—Work not turned in when the summary was sent.
- Upcoming work—Work that’s due today and tomorrow (for daily emails) or that’s due in the upcoming week (for weekly emails).
- Class activities—Announcements, assignments, and questions recently posted by teachers.
If there’s no activity to report or if a teacher turns off email notifications, you might not get an email summary.
Before you begin
You can get email summaries sent to any email address. However, to view or update email summary settings, you need a Google Account. With a Google Account, you can change the frequency of your emails, update your time zone, see the students connected to your account, and unsubscribe from email summaries. For details, go to Create a Google Account.
If you unsubscribe from email summaries, you’re still connected to a student as long as you have a Google Account. Otherwise, unsubscribing removes you as a guardian.
Get email summaries
To get email summaries of your student’s work, you must accept an email invitation from a teacher or administrator. You have 120 days to accept an invitation before it expires. You can unsubscribe from summaries or remove yourself as a guardian at any time.
- The teacher or administrator emails you an invitation to join your student’s class.
- In your email program, open your email invitation.
- Click Accept.
If you’re not the guardian, click I’m Not The Guardian.
- Click Accept to confirm.
When you accept an invitation, you and your student get an email confirmation.
Unsubscribe from email summaries
Warning: If you don’t have a Google Account, this action removes you as a guardian from your student.
You can unsubscribe from email summaries at any time. At the bottom of any email summary, click Unsubscribe.
Remove yourself as a guardian
You can remove yourself as a student's guardian at any time. If you want to remain a guardian, but not get the summaries, you can Unsubscribe from email summaries (details above).
If you have a Google Account:
- At the bottom of any email summary, click Settings.
- Next to the student’s name, click Delete Remove.
If you don't have a Google Account:
- At the bottom of any email summary, click Unsubscribe.
- Click Unsubscribe to confirm.
The student gets an email that you removed yourself from their account.