What changes are in place for 2022-23 School Year?
To improve student account security and make it easier to access technology the following changes are ready for 2022-23 school year:
- K-2 grades: all students will use Clever Badges to login into their Chromebook - replacing need to type in username and password
- 3-4 grades: all students will be forced to reset their given password to a private password
- All staff - K-12 - are enabled to reset student passwords
K-2 Clever Badge: Next Steps
- Required training for all K-2 DSOs and teachers/staff: review and internalize 'training slides' on how student logins work in 2022-23, including new info on K-2 badges
- Before first student tech access: 10-15min need to review training slides; 1hr needed for preparing Clever Badges (print out, distribute, coordinate with grade level teams)
- Required for DSOs: ensure that all K-2 devices and carts are not swapped/shared with other grades, as the Clever Badge will not work on other devices that have not already been pre-selected from K-2 carts at each school. Coordinate with Tech team (via tech ticket) on any requests to change carts mid-year for purposes such as state testing.
- Share your school's scheduled dates for first tech access: when are students first accessing technology at your school?
3-4 Reset Password Protocol: Next Steps
- Required training for all 3-4 DSOs and teachers/staff: review and internalize 'training slides' on how student logins work in 2022-23, including new info on how 3rd & 4th grade students passwords
- Before first student tech access: 10-15min need to review training slides
- Additional guides and resources posted here
All Staff Allowed to Reset Student Passwords
- New this year: K-4 staff can reset student Google passwords - this may be needed if students forget their personal password, and none of the troubleshooting steps work (outlined here). Use this guide for how to reset student passwords.
- (All 5-12 staff already can do this)
How do Clever Badges work for K-2 students?
See this training presentation for more info!
- 30 second video of using badges
- How to print, void and manage badges
How do I print an entire class set of Badges for K-2 students? (For Lead Teachers)
- Log into the Clever Portal, and click the "Classes" tab next to your name
- Select which class/section you would like to print badges for
- Select the "Download Class Set of Badges" button on the right
- Or, use this full guide from Clever