Frequently Asked Questions
- How do staff access Accelerated Reader as an "admin"
- What are the AR Quarter Term Dates? When do the last quizzes count for each term?
- When do F&P Reading Levels change a student's AR Words Goal?
- How are custom word read goals defined?
- How do staff access Accelerated Reader as a "student" to take quizzes
- How to run Words Read Quiz Poster
- How to Delete a Quiz
- How to create a Teacher Custom Quiz
How to get support for Accelerated Reader?
Here are some tips for troubleshooting on all things AR student accounts:
- Make sure the student is using Clever: AR can only be accessed by students via the "Ren Learning" app that is posted on Clever [see below for more info]
- If a student is able to access Clever but having issues with using AR (eg the site is not loading or a quiz is not working) please reach out to the helpful support:
- Chat: Any teacher/staff has access to Chat during school hours, via top right of AR once they log in via Clever [see below for more info]
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a multiple students, such as a classroom or grade level is experiencing issues with AR, please contact Data team to escalate the issue
How do Students Access Accelerated Reader?
- New 2019-20: All students access via Clever [More Clever Info : Students use their Google accounts to access Clever]
- The previous URL/AR site will not be accessible for students
- In Clever: click on the Renaissance Learning app icon
Tip - Student Rosters: All students are updated from PowerSchool enrollments: if a student is enrolled in a Homeroom they will have access the next school day by 4am. Contact your School Ops team if a new student does not have a schedule yet.
Tip -Student Logins: If a student can't login to Clever to access AR, make sure they are typing correctly. Teachers can reset student PWs directly for 5-12 students, or learn more about 2-4th grade logins
How do Staff Access Accelerated Reader as Admins?
- New 2019-20: All staff access via Clever
- When you sign into Clever, choose Teacher if you are a lead teacher, or Staff if you want to view other rosters outside of your teaching duties
What are the AR Quarter Term Dates? When do the last quizzes count for each term?
- All quizzes saved on or before the end date of each term will count towards that Quarter's Words Read goals
|Term||Start Date||End Date|
When do F&P Reading Levels change a student's AR Words Goal?
- Student AR Words goals are based on their F&P Reading Level and set at start of year to span Q1 and Q2.
- If a student's F&P Reading Level changes by end of Q2, the student will get a new AR Words Goal spanning Q3 and Q4
- If the student has an individual words read goal entered via the custom goal process, that will override for those given quarter terms.
How are custom word read goals defined?
- Check out this guide here
How do Staff Access Accelerated Reader to take quizzes like a student?
- Use this link (different from Clever) https://global-zone51.renaissance-go.com/welcomeportal/14704
- Sign in as Student
- Your AR point person will share your login and PW info with you at your school
- Check out this guide for more info
How to run a ‘Words Read’ report (great for a poster!): Guide
How to create a custom “Teacher Quiz”:
- Log into Accelerated Reader as an admin
- Choose “Add Content” in the center of the home page
- Choose “Create a Book Quiz”
- Enter details of the book for Step One (if you haven’t personally read the book, all details can be found via google)
- Step Two: Click “Download Book Quiz Template” and you will be prompted to create up to 10 MC questions. (Again, use your knowledge or google)
- Save the word document into your documents
- Step Three: “Upload Completed Book Quiz Template” from your documents
* If you get timed-out, it is easiest to restart the process from the beginning
* After uploading step three, the test takes about 10 minutes to upload into the AR database